Saturday, December 9, 2006

Now that's what I call drawing


Jo Booker. Her work just blows me away. Really. I'd post an example, but her superior technical wizardry is far, far above my wee head.

Funny, but when you wear the 'cartoonist' label, you find a lot of *very* different people under the umbrella with you.

Me, I'm basically a genre novelist who often works in pictures, but good luck telling someone you've just met that at a party. So I say I'm a cartoonist. Suddenly, I could just as easily draw:

Animation
Three-panel gag strips
One-panel politcal satire
Men in their underwear throwing cars at each other, or
Big heads on small bodies, preferably on rollerskates...

Jo mostly does big heads and satire, and with breathtaking ease. Her portraiture and reg'lar painting are mighty damn fine too.

We worked China together about a million years ago (or was it just last week?), and she's awesome. If I can find where in this glorified shearing-shed I've hidden my China stuff, I'll post some stories.

Check out her blog, too! It's here, or in the link to the left. I tell you, that girl goes everywhere...

No comments: